The ultimate objective of the GDPR regulation is to raise the profile of data privacy across all industries. The GDPR requirements are extensive and, beyond deploying technical controls, an effective compliance programme should consider related people and process elements during preparation and implementation.
In bringing your workforce up to speed to ensure compliance with GDPR and the other standards and codes above, your organisation will require top quality information security and data privacy training. This will typically translate to learning material that is developed by industry experts working alongside education professionals, human-computer interaction specialists, psychologists, as well as behavioural change and communication experts.
OutThink is a pioneer of next-generation computer based data protection and security awareness training solution. The platform (SaaS) aims to help organisations build a risk-aware security culture – the GDPR enforces a scenario where anyone and everyone handling personal data is jointly responsible.
Cognitive learning and human risk management are becoming the focus of organisational cyber security. The GDPR establishes a substantive requirement that workforces are capacitated (from the ground up) to demonstrate “privacy-by-design” and “security-by-design” thinking in order to meet the requirements of the GDPR.
OutThink leverages a collective one hundred years of industry experience and empirical learning to deliver cognitive learning solutions that meet the most stringent requirements. The result, time after time, has been characterised by measurable behavioural change, high employee engagement rates, and a definitive improvement in our clients’ information security and data privacy posture.
As your organisation will have a number of distinct roles in relation to GDPR compliance, we’ve developed a full GDPR awareness training suite which comprises the following five eLearning modules:
- GDPR GENERAL AWARENESS (eLearning, ±15 min, high level) – Bring all employees up to speed with the GDPR. This module covers, at a high level, the DOs and DON’Ts, personal responsibility, and the implications of a data breach.
- PERSONAL DATA HANDLERS (eLearning, ±10 min, in-depth) – This module is for those handling sensitive personal data on a daily basis (e.g. HR, Marketing or Call Centre). Understand the GDPR principles, the requirements for processing and reporting, and the impact and benefits of GDPR compliance.
- GDPR CHAMPIONS (eLearning, ±15 min, in-depth) – This module is aimed at training your GDPR experts and champions within the organisation, to help mitigate the risk of data breaches by implementing and maintaining appropriate safeguards in their respective business areas.
- GDPR AUDITOR / ASSURANCE MODULE (eLearning, ±10 min, in-depth) – This module is aimed primarily at those who currently have a role in audit, assurance or compliance and need to understand how to assess your organisation’s GDPR readiness. Similarly, this module would prove beneficial to those with accountability for project management of the GDPR implementation process. It will position the relevant individuals to start a self-assessment exercise of their own organisation, and ultimately allow them to provide assurance to senior management and boards of directors on compliance practices within your organisation.
- GDPR EXECUTIVE BRIEFING MODULE (eLearning, ±5 min, high-level introduction) – To instil cultural change towards data privacy, the board and executives must openly commit to promoting privacy, endorse privacy policies and champion awareness, education and training. This module helps senior leadership/management understand the impact, key changes and the opportunities GDPR brings.
The OutThink learning material is developed by industry experts working alongside education professionals, human-computer interaction specialists, psychologists, as well as behavioural change and communication experts.
Article 39 of the Regulation states that “training of staff involved in processing operations, and the related audits” is the task of the DPO.
With a perfect score of 5.0, OutThink is the highest-rated* data protection and security awareness training solution.
The score is based on customer reviews independently verified by Gartner.